Established in 1964, the East Lansing Art Festival (ELAF) is a two-day outdoor celebration of culture and the arts and is mid-Michigan's first major art show of the summer season! The East Lansing Art Festival is produced by the Art Festival Board of Directors. The ELAF is a non-profit event sponsored by dedicated community-minded businesses and individuals!
The ELAF Features:
• More than 180 juried artists from across North America
• An Emerging Artist program featuring up-and-coming artists
• Free, live, eclectic music performances all weekend long
• Free arts activities and interactive performances for children & families
• An international-style food court featuring global flavors from local vendors
East Lansing is a charming University town with a wide variety of shops, restaurants, galleries and the beautiful Michigan State University campus across the street. (the MSU UAB Spring Arts and Crafts show happens the same weekend - this event is put on by the MSU UAB and is separate from ELAF. They can be reached by email at:
The East Lansing Art Festival is held the weekend preceding Memorial Day weekend annually: 10am-6pm on Saturday and 10am-5pm on Sunday.